Spring is fast approaching, which means that it’s almost time to get that leash out and take Fido for a hike in the forest or for a run along the beach.
We are very fortunate here in the Olympic Peninsula that so many of our outdoor activities can also be enjoyed by man’s best friend. Getting outside with your pooch can be a great way for you both to get some fresh air and exercise.
We’ve compiled a list of our Top 10 favorite dog-friendly spots:
1. Rialto Beach
2. Olympic National Forest*
3. Salt Creek Recreation area
4. Olympic Discovery Trail from Port Angeles to Sequim
5. Peabody Creek Nature Trail in Port Angeles
6. Spruce Railroad Trail around Lake Crescent
7. Dungeness Recreation Area**
8. Ruby Beach
9. Port Angeles & Sequim Dog Parks
10. Kalaloch Beach
*Please remember that dogs are not allowed in the Olympic National Park. They are, however, allowed on leashes in the Olympic National Forest.
** Dogs are allowed on leashes in the 216 acre park, but are not allowed on the Dungeness Spit due to the disturbance of the native birds.